Sunday, August 19, 2012

Insta Scrapping - August

Insta scrapping will be a monthly post from now on (I hope).  My favorite Insta photos from May, June & some of July, scrapped.

My constantly Instagrammed and oh so adorable niece:

Pigtails!
Thai night at a friend's house:

Cookin'

My brother-in-law Eric happened to write this book called FEARLESS.  It is the true story of a Navy SEAL named Adam Brown who overcame a lot (that's putting it mildly) to become a part of Seal Team 6 and ultimately died in combat in Afghanistan.  I am not a reader of military books, and far from the target audience for this book.  The majority of the press FEARLESS has been getting is from the right and religious groups.  Myself being a liberal athiest kind of puts me out of that target market.  But that's what is so amazing about the book.  Despite my lack of belief in god and my not agreeing with the war the US is fighting in various countries in the middle east, FEARLESS is still an incredibly captivating read.  It's a tear jerker for sure and more than story of a man than a story of politics or beliefs.  When the book was released in May we had a little celebration for Eric:


My nephew's 8th birthday dinner


Yes I'm obsessed with my cat, so what?


Page Maps Sketch

Page Maps Sketch


No comments:

Post a Comment