Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Unemployed

Today is that day where everybody went back to work after the holidays.  Everybody except me that is.  It feels really weird and I kind of don't know what to do with myself.  I love the feeling of freedom but I'm also scared.  I want to enjoy some time off but not more than a month because then paying our mortgage becomes a problem.  I was notified of our layoff 2 months ago and the unfortunate thing about this layoff is both my husband and I work for the same company in the same division; and they cut our entire division. He has one more month of work but I was done as of December 31.  And the thought of us both being unemployed at the same time is absolutely terrifying.  However I'm a positive thinker (or I'm in complete denial) so we will cross that bridge when we come to it.  Until then I have decided to make my January to do list and get some stuff done that I have been procrastinating on forever:

1. Go to yoga twice a week and try to embrace that yoga-zen thing that doesn't work so well for me.
2. Fully convert our guest bedroom into a craft room (yippee!)
3. Make thank you cards.
4. Paint that wall in our hallway/bathroom with all the test paint strips on it...finally
5. Clean out my damn closet
6. Get cracking on my craft to-do list which includes taking a photo a day for weekly pages, making a bunch of bracelets that I have tutorials for.

These are NOT New Years Resolutions, I don't believe in those because they never actually get done.   This is just my to-do list.

And finally, some of my recent pages:

Fall Sunset-Fancy Pants Summer's End

The Whole Fam-American Crafts Margarita

I love this My Minds Eye line! (Happy Days)

No comments:

Post a Comment