Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sketches

I recently became obsessed with sketches.  I always need a little kick in the ass when it comes to starting a page and they are such a huge help.  I started a board on Pinterest and use it all the time.  I am a very literal translator of sketches.  I love that they give you a layout but you can choose what to fill it in with. They always help give me that jump start I need when I've been staring at a pile of photos and some papers for half an hour trying to figure out what to do.
Some of my go-to sources for sketches are:
-The Page Maps books, you can find them on Amazon
-The Page Maps archive, TONS of sketches
-Got Sketch by Valerie Salmon
-Miracles Momma Designs by Heather Landry
-My Little Sketch Blook by Liz Qualman
-52 Sketches in 52 Weeks-nothing new this year but a good archive
-Sketch Savvy by Susan Stringfellow
-The Basic Grey Blog

Here are a couple of my recent uses of sketches.

From the Basic Grey blog:

Nothing But Trouble-Crate Paper Toybox

Page Maps:

All Bundled Up-Little Yellow Bicycle Winter Twig
Page Maps:

Gingerbread House-Crate Paper Peppermint

No comments:

Post a Comment