Monday, November 21, 2011

Karate Cuties-Felt Embellishments

My niece and nephew are currently taking karate classes and these photos were taken on the day they tested for their yellow belt.  I have to say my niece's "karate face" is hilarious, my nephew definitely seems a a bit more "disciplined" when it comes to this sport.  I used this sketch from the Sketchy Thursdays blog but not in time to actually submit it, one of these days I will actually have the time to take part in the challenges I want to.

This was also my first attempt at truly making my own embellishments.  I've always loved felt and LOVE Basic Grey's felt flowers.  To make this ones I cut shapes out of cardstock with my Silhouette and used them as a template to trace on the felt.  I stitched the buttons onto the felt.  A good first attempt I think but I'd like to get more detailed next time.  I'd also like to find a thinner felt and maybe try it out with foam as well.




2 comments:

  1. I love your felt embellishments! They turned out super cute. I noticed that you added yourself as a follower on my blog... Thanks! I came to return the favor but I can't find your follower feature. Am I just missing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm still figuring out the blog thing and I think I just added the follower feature. I love your work by the way, it's very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete